We study physical processes determining flow and transport in porous and fractured media across multiple scales. Large scale subsurface processes are determined by the collection of physical processes occurring at pore scale. We investigate small scale processes and transfer the knowledge across multiple scales to develop predictive models for real world problems such as subsurface contaminant transport, reservoir characterization, managed aquifer recharge and water filtration.
The details of each research topic can be found by clicking the following links.
- Anomalous transport in porous and fractured media
- Coupled flow and geomechanics
- Joint inversion for subsurface characterization
- Reactive transport in subsurface
- Water filtration using porous media flow